Sunday, February 7, 2010

Camel caravan


When I was young, my Mum had an old spelling book that we'd use to improve our spelling. I remember one of the hardest words in the book was "Egypt", and I credit that, along with my uncle telling us stories about Egypt, with a long fascination with the country and its history. I finally realised my dream of seeing the pyramids just over a month ago, and like the other wonders of the world I've seen, I was not disappointed.

Of course, the hawkers are out in force, and if you even look at a camel or a horse for too long, the handlers will approach you for money. But this caravan of camels were off in the distance, and the barren landscape, coupled with the mist and mountains in the background, really made me feel like I had reached the mythical Egypt of my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment